Monday, May 24, 2010

A Tale of My Tail


In celebration of Buddha's birthday, we had a three day weekend. Its no big thing over here. In the states, it would be comprable to Washington's bday or MLK Jr's bday or something. Several of our school friends were going to Seoul and [or] to Busan beach but I already committed myself to go on our young adult retreat with THE NATIONS [my SoKo church].

Rhonda and I got off from school on Thursday night and decided it wouldbe best to venture closer to the spot where we would meet up with everyone thats going on the retreat. In light of the sudden realization, we packed our bags and left for Gangnam [metro Seoul area]. It took HOURS for us to get there. Everyone and their brother decided that they would get a head start on their traveling as well. When we finally arrived to our destination, it was around 11:30 in the evening. There were few restaurants open.

We finally retreated to a Jimjabong [a korean bathhouse]. Many should not be surprised with my venturing into a place like this. I only had to pay 12,000 won [$12.00] for the bathhouse/spa and a place to sleep. The headmistress gave me a change of sleep clothes and keys to a locker where I could lock up my backpack. Once you change out of your clothes, you enter into the men's spa area. There are 2 lines of stand up showers and 2 rows of vanity showers [sit down showers]. In the center there are 3 main "spa tubs." In the far distance there are 2 sauna rooms: dry and wet sauna.

I DID IT ALL.
Once ready to sleep, I changed into my sleepclothes and headed upstairs to the sleeping quarters. Once inside, you can barely see the lines of men sleeping on their floormats. The obnoxious snoring caused me to sleep elsewhere.
What I failed to mention is that there was a common area between the men's and women's bathhouses. Nice and peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how relaxed your body must have felt right before you went to sleep. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete