Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Having My Cake and Enjoying It


I am sometimes finding these days that this phase of my life is unable to fit in a category. I want to say this is a period where I am just vacationing--but arent you supposed to be taking some R and R? Maybe my personality refuses to let me get away with that. Just like a vacation, I have gone to a sometimes "exotic location" and am doing a little more shopping than I am accustomed to. In other aspets- this is a learning period for me.

There are a lot of things I have taken for granted: family.
I have started to hear a lot of stories about broken families who just fight to make it work in the grimmest of lights. Mine, while I thought we were just lucky to escape the rough-times, had to fight to stay together. Acceptance and unconditional love. AND lots of food :D

Somthing I am trying to question is a letter I recieved from Augusta State saying that Ive been denied acceptance to their Masters Program. Is this God's way of sealing the fact that I was meant to come out here? Perhaps I would have stayed back at home knowing that I could go to grad school. One question that I have contemplated ove rmany cups of Lake Taboe Coffee at my kitchen table has been: what comes after Korea? Do I just allow myself this one year experential year before reality begins? OR am I for the first time in my life starting to understand what reality truly consists of-

Constants: bills, unmotivating conditions at a workplace, never having enough money to do everything
Spices to Life: Treating people special, going nout of your way for someone, talking below surface level, experimenting in the kitchen, being at home and reading in your boxers. Its the small things really

"This isn’t the time to make hard and fast decisions, its time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Major in philosophy ’cause there’s no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again.

So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… we won’t have to guess. We’ll know."

1 comment:

  1. Was that a quote from the Twilight movie "Eclipse"? At the high school Grad speech?

    ReplyDelete