Monday, April 26, 2010

The Awakening


Who would have thought that I would have been able to get this far in the process? Leaving the US would by far be the hardest thing Ive done in my adult life. I thought going off to college was big but this takes the cake. While in the airport, it all finally caught up with me. Im not going to celebrate any holidays this coming year with my crew from back in AUG. I left my parents at the security check and no sooner had I walked past security, I ran into this lady who had just as much baggage as I did. We joked about how we did not know how to pack properly and about food. She invited me to dinner in the terminal and we got to know one another befour our flight. Come to find out, we were on the same flight to Chicago. {the Lord knew what he was doing- I would have been a sad story sitting there in the terminal by myself at that point in the process}

The flight to Chicago was very short compared to the upcoming flight to Korea. 2 hours vs. 13 hours. During my 4 hour layover in the airport, I caught up with some friends. It was a sad goodbye.

Over to Korea, the flight wasnt as bad as I had originally thought. The airlines provided you with several gifts in addition to the 3 meals during the flight. I got to watch Sherlock Holmes, Where the Wild THings Are, and Alvin 2. Not too bad, eh? Once I got off the flight- I breezed through customs and made my way to baggage check. My 2 suitcases were among the first to come out. Luckily for me I ran into another foreign englsih teacher, like myself, who looked somewhat lost. We helped each other through the process; however, the airlines lost her luggage along the way. We went over to the officials overseeing baggage check to see what measures could be done to recover the luggage and she was not pleased in the least. I have never respected my mother's words until that point: "Make sure you take an extra pair of clothes in your carry-on in the case where your luggage does not arrive on time." She had nothing in her carry-on besides several electronic items.
She decided to stay back while I progressed forward to meet my ride to take me to my apartment. [Please look at the video trying to find this man]

No comments:

Post a Comment