Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Always Late


I've noticed something. When It comes to work- I am always on time/early. When it comes to friends and anything personal- I always run on ish time. To some, that means I run about 15 minutes to 45 minutes behind schedule. THere will be a day where I can just make it all across the board.

I have finally gotten over Rhonda's birthday party. For the past several weeks leading up to her birthday, I was trying to scrape things together. Working with logistics of where, when, and how- who to invite- invitations- etc.
The day of the aprty was a def relief. We started out the day in Gangnam at a co-teacher's new place. For those who are not aware, Gangnam is in the Metro Seoul area; its less hectic than Seoul but still provides you with a broad selection or stores, people, and experiences. Her apartment was a tad nicer than ours but she does teach for a more "hoity toity" school. We departed from her house rather early and met up with Sarah and Amy to go Bungee Jumping in Bundang. Never in a million years would I imagine doing something that stupid. Driving to the site I could jsut hear my Dad's voice in the back of my head saying: "Why on earth would you think something like that is fun Josh?" On the other hand, Brandi [my sister and co-thrill seeker] would give me a high five.

The park was worth the trip alone. In the center of the park you can see this tall spire jutting out from the lake. Walking closer and closer to the platform- my stomach got lower and lower until I was just in complete shock. Wouldnt you know that when we got there- there was no wait-time. The first ones to arrive. Great...:/
At the top floor, we practiced jumping from a bench onto a matress. People got a kick out of me overreating. IT took 2 countdowns for me to jump onto a matress. Wow.
In the line-up, I was the 4th to jump. The others were doing it without hesitation. When it was finally my turn, he measured me and adjusted to rope according to my height and weight. He started to count me off but I told him to just wait while I psyched myself up for it. I gave him a hug and told him "I need this right now." In my last moments I would like to at least know that I had a little bit of love going off that platform. Finally

5- What do I think about...
4- The Twin towers are burning and Ive gotta get out
3- Wait, why am I on the top floor
2- Crap Crap Crap Crap
1- breath breath breath
JUMP!


It was completely amazing. Once you jump, you truly try to reach out and grab hold of something that does not exist. Weird Feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment