Saturday, January 1, 2011

Communist Crap


China and I arent getting along right now. WE arrived in the Beijing airport aboard China air. We experienced a 7 hour layover in probably the most frigid airport I have ever been in. It was cold and had tons of windows and doors that just welcomed in the cold air. Being an incubator for everything that is sick and flu-like, I was not happy with my 7 hour stay here. If I could have held up a sign in protest, I would have. Instead, I went to get a chicken sandwich and rest in SRP coffeeshop. Surprisingly, this was the only coffee shop in that entire airport. To boast about being a great city, the Beijing airport was somewhat...Not.

[About halfway through our tenure at the airport, this picture captures what all of us were doing best...slowly dying]

If you have a layover in Beijing, make sure you bring a blanket, 2 coats, extra socks, a good book, and some friends. When in doubt, hide out in the coffee shop.
When we finally departed on our plane to Delhi, I was amazed at how UNHOSPITABLE the flight crew was. This could be attributed to being spoiled by Korean airlines. Just a guess.
Throughout the entire ride, nothing says "I love my job" more than:
1- hastling me about not having a pen to fill out my customs form
2- playing an airline movie in French.
3- Detouring my flight to another airport and leaving me without a clue to whats going on
4-spending 19 hours on the plane together

Where is the complaint department Air China?

No comments:

Post a Comment