Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pleasant Serendipity


A loss of sleep and late night phonecalls doesnt always add up for a pleasant tomorrow. These days I have been losing interest in the small things that I had come to enjoy. Cooking has become a daunting task in the morning. Instead of reaching for my spices and array of choices, I am not compelled to turn to yogurt and cereal. An easy fix when you're in the laziest of moods. No matter how many episodes I watch of Star Wars Clone Wars I watch, it doesnt compensate.

There are times where you just start to run yourself into a bigger and bigger hole. I remember this book that my parents read called "Get out of that pit." One of the ending thoughts of this book was that we are the ones that dig our own graves and downfalls in life. At least thats what I interpreted from the book.

This morning, like any other this week, began with a few extra minutes of sleep time. Needless to say, I have realized that the more and more you press the snooze button- the more you are going to pay for it later: an unkempt appearance, a sourpuss mood, a stressed out attitude. Why do I continue to do it this week?
The end up coming to work with news of my classroom having to relocate once again. [Just another stick to put on the smoldering fire of my day.]
After the brief conversation, I ended up going to my classroom and laying my head on my desk. For a few moments proceeding, my mind kept telling me that feeling sorrowful about my situation would help but I knew that was just a crock.
I turned on youtube and started listening to some Christian jamz.

Later on, my coworker came in and told me that she saw what happened and that she was greatful I was there.

My partner teacher invited me out to lunch and said that I was on her mind this morning and she prayed for me.

I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment